Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

  1. #11
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    in the last two years I feel the food quality of Fishtails had taken a few steps backwards.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

    Same with Renos. Sucks most of the time and I go one day and it is great so I try it again and it is back to being awful.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Reno's could possibly be the worst restaurant in Wise Co.

    No wait, FishTales is still open.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    don't forget that since Shannons has changed hands it has been going down hill ever since.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Ah yes, Shannons. A place that I used to visit at least once a month. Haven't been in there in at least a year.

    What's wrong with FishTales? Bad food, nasty floors...

    FishTales, Shannons, Reno's are all on my list.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    [ QUOTE ]
    I like the chicken, not too much of seafood at all. Use to Love LJS in Norton till the end.
    Maybe I'll give in and give LJS another go soon.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    The chicken is great. But the fish is just too damned greasy. They either put too much fish in the fryer at one time and lower the oil temp too much OR leave the fish in the fryer too long.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    [ QUOTE ]

    Not to go off topic or anything, but I think that Captain D's is a better choice for fast seafood.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, if you like getting the squirts.

    Should be renamed Greasy D's. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    Shannon's closed down didn't it?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn *DELETED*

    Post deleted by starbuck
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    Yes they closed. Everything is gone from there from what I hear.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    WoW, why haven't I heard this??? not shocked though
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    I was up in Norton/Wise today and since I went there after reading this thread and we were up there were Sharons is (or WAS), I looked and it is indeed shut down.. The "SHANNONS" sign and "OPEN" sign on the glass were still standing, but inside it just looked dark and bare, so it's a goner for sure.
    Officially retired

  10. #20
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Long John Silvers in Coeburn

    Where is there a Capt. D's at in your area? Only one I knew of outside of the Tri Cities was in Bluefield.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •